Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Week 8: EOC - Sexual Harassment

Sexual Harassment is not something to be tolerated. I feel that no matter what your gender, you are liable to be sexually harassed. Some people don’t understand that men can be harassed. By women higher up or even superior men. I feel that it should not be tolerated under any circumstance. Companies should discipline people under the highest form if they harass anyone in the company. It is disrespectful and demeaning towards the person. I also feel that people are cowards if they need to sexually harass anyone in the work place. “It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature”

If I were in the position, where I was sexually harassed, I would not stand for it. I would go to my boss and report it. If my boss did nothing to stop the harassment, then I would have to go to Human Resources and get the person written up. There is no reason for anyone to be sexually harassed or harassed in any form. If my human resources personnel also did nothing to stop the harassment I would go to the police as “It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.”


In the movie The Apartment a young gentle men was sexually harassed by his superiors in order to be given the key to his apartment for them to use with their “flings”. He later then sexually harasses a young lady in which he is attracted to, by trying to use his superiority to get her a better job within the company. “The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment