Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Week 9: EOC – Personal Freedom vs. Union Membership

Week 9 – EOC – Personal Freedom vs. Union Membership

1. What would you do if you wanted to work for a company and you had to join the union to get the job?
If I had to join the union in order to get a job with a specific company, I would go through all of the pros and cons. If I was really ok with working for this company then I would have to come up with many more pros then cons.


2. What if they called a strike over an issue you did not agree with?
If the company called a strike over an issue I did not agree with I wouldn’t have much of a choice other than to get out of the union, or walk the picketing line, because if you didn’t walk the line then you would lose your job, and your position in the union.


3. What other issue might concern you if you HAD to belong to get a paycheck?
The fact that you can lose your job at any given time, while in a union, for any given reason, puts me on edge. I want a job that has to fire within reason, not be part of a union, that can at anytime revoke your status.

No comments:

Post a Comment