Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Week 10: EOC - Up In The Air

Develop a 300-word blog post about the movie. What did you think of his unique skill? Name as least three skills that he used to benefit the employee. How would you have handled yourself in the same position as the lead character? How would you have responded as the employee being let go?

I think is unique skill is just that a unique skill. He used the ability to twist words and tell the recently unemployed person exactly what they wanted to hear. He was capable of thinking and speaking to the person without a script. Given he had been doing this for many years, he was still able to answer with a very good response and not have too much of a situation on his hands.

If I was in the same position as George Clooney, I don’t think I would have been able to handle every situation in such a calm and composed way. He was very inspiring as a professional and yet did it in such a reasonable and professional manner.

If I was the employee being let go I think I would have been very calm, until I got out of course. It is a very traumatic experience and you run through the how’s? How am I going to pay my bills, how am I going to provide for my family and myself. But the movie does make a point, this is just the beginning, now you need to go out and do what makes you happy. Follow your dreams. Make something of yourself. Now would be the beginning of the rest of your life, being happy. That I would take into consideration, I would make this an educational experience and go do what I had always wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment